Saturday, July 26, 2008

Probably too fashionable for Tennessee to handle.

I never thought I'd even think about putting on a leotard since quitting ballet in 7th grade because, a) why the hell would I wear a leotard, b) when the hell would I wear a leotard, and c) I don't have my 12-year-old body. But this black, reverse low cut leotard from American Apparel has me anxious to work it into my wardrobe. Throw a high-waisted skirt over it, you have sharp, clean silhouette. Baggy jeans with heels or skinny jeans with flats would make a stylish-"I wasn't even trying" outfit. Dress it up, dress it down, it's sleek and versatile.

Yeah. I'm sold now. I tried it on today when I picked up another oh-so-comfy mini skirt (I have one in green; I just bought the black one) and surprisingly the leotard actually flaunted my curves in a good way. I hesitated to buy it because, well, it IS a LEOTARD, but mostly because I've been burning my last paycheck obscenely fast. I guess I should take back a grayish-awkward-color purse that I probably don't really need before I purchase this leotard that I probably don't really need.

1 comment:

shandenn said...

where is this american apparel of which you've purchased these things. need. now.